11 October 2009

Operation: Projects, organization and nurturing

"Start your child's day with love and encouragement and end the day the same way."  ~ Zig Ziglar

A three day weekend that has lots on tap, and the children and I discussed what we have to do to be successful this weekend.  Last night I told my son that along with finishing up 2 book reports, he will need to clean his room.  To my delight, he woke around 7:45 a.m. this morning (which was decent, he needs extra sleep on the weekends and today he gets his injection which will have him a bit fatigued over the next 48 hours), and he shut his room door.  About 8:30 a.m. he walked proudly out of his room to beckon me to come and see what he had done. He started "organizing" and cleaning up his room.   Woohoo!



Fifth grade is surely a huge step up from Fourth grade because the teachers are encouraging a lot of independence from the students.   I realize how very important it is for them to learn this at this age (10-11 years old), but as a parent, I also know that I MUST, consistently, do my job to make sure they are staying on track and not missing a beat.   There are no "hard" lessons to learn right now , but more so lessons to be taught, over and over.  It's important for me to impart the necessary wisdom to help create children who understand that FOCUS, and PERSISTENCE will generate satisfaction. 

Well, I will end here, and go forward on this sun shiny day to help my children do their best work possible so that they can walk into their classrooms on Tuesday sharing smiles, integrity and confidence knowing that they spent their weekends productively.

Happy Sunday!

No comments: