12 September 2009

The Greatest

"I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” ~ Muhammed Ali.

Truly the Greatest!

But I do not hate every minute of training with P90X --- I love every minute of it... once I get it going that is...

The GREATEST feeling in the world is sticking to a workout routine, getting up everyday and putting in the little bit of time to do GREAT things for your BODY and MIND.

That is the GREATEST.

Trust me, it's not easy. There are many a mornings that I am laying in bed dreading the thought -- just the thought, of getting up out of the bed.

I let my mind do its thing for a few minutes. You know what the mind does. It tries to give you many reasons why it would be better to stay there under those lovely sheets and postpone yet another workout.

The clock says 5:30 a.m. and I am there thinking, "nobody is up now. I could do with another 1 hour sleep."

And so I stay there, head nicely embedded into my 4 pillows!

10 minutes pass by, and I am aware of what is happening, and I remember that I have much to do on this day. The children are still sleeping and I can truly benefit from some "ME -- do the body some good" time! There won't be another opportunity later on today. And so, I will do what is RIGHT and what is GOOD for ME!!!! I matter!!!

So I get up, go to the kitchen, make the coffee, turn on the TV, the computer, remember that today is "KENPO X" day.

Day 20 of P90X. I have not missed a day yet. 2nd round of P90X. I am committed!!!!

Yes. I am feeling better. More awake. More determined. I am fired up now! I have been good to myself and I won't stop now.

Tony! Oh Tony! Gather up the group, let's get this workout done!

I don't even need to watch the DVD because I have done this workout so many, many times. So I can put the DVD in, but turn the sound down. Play my music. Be in MY ZONE!

You think that when you have done something so many times that it becomes boring, ineffective right?

WRONG! --- So very WRONG!!!!!

It becomes better and better. I have gotten stronger. I am a boxer! A darn good kickboxer!

I know the moves. I have the technique PERFECTED!

I used 1lb and 3 lb weights during this workout -- no... Tony did not tell me to do that. I want to add some resistance and burn extra calories!!! There is so much room for creativity with the P90X workouts. You learn how to build upon the routines. (There is even extra tips in the workout guide to help you to increase the intensity of all the workouts).

I kick and punch more than Wesly and Vanessa! HA! Sorry guys!!

They don't even use weights. HA!

Kenpo X is the GREATEST!

And, I did not miss yesterday's workout even though it was the saddest day of the year. If ever there was a day to say, "no workout today" it was yesterday. But I thought to myself, "I can not let the sadness of this day interrupt what is actually BEST for me!" A good workout is always the best remedy for a sad day.


Happy Saturday! Don't let anyone kick or punch you around this weekend!

Coach Jacquie

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/CoachJacq22 --- Come and be part of the health and fitness movement --- over 1.5 million Team Beachbody members.... achieving the ultimate fitness in your own home!

No comments: