30 March 2009

Twenty again

It's Monday, so I will be brief! You keep hearing it, 40 is the new 20. I heard it being discussed this morning on one of my favorite tv shows, "The Today Show!" So that means it's a FACT.

Imagine how advantageous such a thought can be? I have a lifetime ahead to do wonderful, awesome, mind blowing things now, stuff that I thought "I was getting too old to do." I'm wondering if this aura of feeling young again is analogous to the feeling of winning lotto? Yesterday I was 44, but today I am 24 which equals, yesterday I was poor, and today I am rich! Woo hoo!

Oh my, so when did I give birth to my two angels? Let's not focus on that mere technicality. They are here in all their glory, brightening up my life and giving me even more reason to embrace my new found youth! Gotta strive to keep up with them and all the wonderful surprises and challenges, good and bad, that they have in store for me over the next 13 to 25 years or more.

Consider I truly know a lot more now than I did 20 years ago, and that can only enhance my life, right? The information and "stuff" we have at our fingertips today is amazing and we are able to readjust our mindsets and toss aside the false belief that we are headed to middle age.

People always make comments about their little girls like, "she is 6 going on 16," referring to the attitudes they possess. Some even further age their princesses to "6 going on 26 or 36!" Wow. Is there a reversal thing/mommy-daughter swap thingy happening here? Well, if my daughter is aging fast, and I am getting younger, I guess we will meet in the middle somewhere! And Miles will follow along as best as he can with these two odd aged ladies in his life!

Whatever is happening, triggered by forces greater than any of us, ride it out by creating a harmonious balance between you and whoever or whatever is significant in your life!

Meryl Streep in Mamma Mia! Loved it!

All that said, I have to tell you all that I am embracing my 24! Saturday at the Girl Scout/Daisy "dance party," Nia and I danced together at the end when they invited moms to dance with their daughters 2 1/2 hours into the dance. For 2 1/2 hours there was an unspoken rule that no mother was allowed to get on the dance floor, and it drove me crazy as I sat in my seat tapping my toes to some groovy hits, old and new. I was anxious to get out there just because I love to dance and I wanted to dance with MY daughter! I dipped her and spinned her and she loved it. Then we did the electric slide followed by some fancy footwork to the tune of "Dancing Queen." How cool is it that my 6 and 3/4 year old loves dancing to "Dancing Queen?" I'm truly looking good ..... for now :)

1 comment:

Rosa said...

So is 30 the new 15? Gosh golly, I do not want to be 15 again...I'll take your 20. :) We have to keep our spirits and personalities alive and flourish in youth for our mindsets. thanks so much for sharing. You look amazing at 44! I hope to look like you when I'm there. I'll even dance w/ you!! ;)